Animation – Svartbäcksgatan, Uppsala
About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios, a growing VFX studio with more than 150 employees, is looking for an experienced Facial Animator with particular focus on realistic facial animation.
We are looking for skilled & experienced Facial Animator with passion for creating realistic facial animation, ensuring that the emotions and subtleties of the facial performances are translated to characters.
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- The majority of the work involves polishing facial animation that is produced using Goodbye Kansas proprietary solver. This animation is derived from 2d video of a mocap performance.
- The individual must be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
- The majority of the work will be done on human characters, but animation retargeted to creatures is also likely.
- Facial keyframe animation
- Collaboration with the facial rigging team to ensure characters are skinned well and rig is optimized to achieve high quality facial animation
- Addressing notes from Animation Supervisor and tweaking the animation to the clients needs
- Ability to analyse and understand the facial performance and recreate it on the digital character
- Ability to animate in a single layer in Maya over the top our solved 3D animation
- Basic knowledge of human facial anatomy
- Experience with a variety of facial animation techniques including bone (Skeletal) driven, blend shapes (morph target)
- Knowledge of FACS and working on FACS based rigs is a plus
- Demo Reel showcasing engaging believable character performances including high quality realistic facial animation
- Minimum 3 years experience in facial animation in film or games
- English language fluency and good communication skills
- Possess excellent general character animation skills, with especially good facial animation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Maya & MotionBuilder 3D animation packages
- Have evidence of keyframe facial without relying on mocap solved animation
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- Ability to prioritise your workload
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
Goodbye Kansas Holding consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest and Infinite Entertainment, with more than 170 artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.