Matchmove – London
About the position
You will be responsible for overseeing the Matchmove requirements of our projects at our London studio. You will be hands on but also manage and define production processes.
You will have at least 3 years experience as a matchmove artist and have shown the ability to lead and manage others.
It’s required that you fully understand the entire process, so that you can evaluate and participate in the team’s problem solving process. Strong communication skills are necessary, as you will work closely with both producers, coordinators and artists as well with external partners.
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Responsible for all matchmove within our London studio
- Complete camera, object and body tracks in efficient manner.
- Working with CG and comp supervisors to develop and improve production processes.
- Defining workflow of outsource partners
- Reviewing and publishing of camera and body tracks
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Ability to create scenes for use in the rest of the pipeline
- Assist in bidding matchmove requirements for shots/sequences
- Thorough understanding of camera, object and body tracking.
- High proficiency using 3DEqualizer and/or Pftrack
- Experience using Maya.
- Experience with 3D Roto Animation; matching digital models to live-action plates
- Understanding of real-world camera attributes such as apertures, lenses and distortion.
- Familiarity with 2D tracking using Nuke (advantageous).
- Previous film VFX industry experience
- On-set data and survey acquisition
- Creating full CG camera moves
- Creating and managing cg environment layouts.
- Setting up projection cameras and geo between Maya and Nuke
- CG hard surface modelling in Maya
- Team oriented
- Professional aptitude and good communication skills
- Able to take direction and feedback positively and maturely
- Pro-active, motivated and able to problem solve effectively
- Organised and punctual with a strong work ethic
- Adaptable and always open to learning new techniques and softwares
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
Goodbye Kansas Holding consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest and Infinite Entertainment, with more than 170 artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.