About the Position
The aim for the Human Resources Department is to provide excellent HR support to managers and employees within the entire Bublar Group (incl. Goodbye Kansas), which is listed on Nasdaq First North. The CHRO takes ownership for all strategic and operative HR matters across the Group internationally, as well as any and all subsidiaries. The CHRO acts as a key member of Management Group, while reporting to the Group CEO. The Goodbye Kansas HR Manager in Sweden will directly report to you, and will be leading HR operations for Goodbye Kansas Sweden.
This is a senior and decision making role, while acting as a coach and advisor to all managers in the Group (as needed), including the senior leadership team. In this role, you are expected to - through sharing knowledge, experience and legal advice, - continuously support and develop all our managers, as well as be the HR service delivery owner.
As our very first CHRO (with this organisational structure), we will learn from your experience in how this role contributes to leveling up our organisation in the best possible way. We require some flexibility in terms of the responsibilities for this new role.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
Strategy & Budgets
- Being a key influencer on all important people related decisions, ensuring that the business maintains alignment with the people strategy.
- Planning and managing the annual Group HR budget and working with Finance to produce quarterly forecasts, manage overhead costs and approve budgets for all of HR, while liaising with the Group CEO.
- Implementing change management (improved policies and processes), ensuring compliance as well as suggesting new policies.
- Overseeing Compensation & Benefits (such as the occupational pension, insurances) from a strategic standpoint, in collaboration with Group CFO.
Employees, Consultants & Company Culture
- Partnering with the Talent Acquisition lead to develop a robust talent acquisition strategy (including Employer Branding), ensuring the continuous evolution of talent acquisition capabilities and initiatives to attract the best talent.
- Overseeing the constant development, upgrade and maintenance of the on- and offboarding process.
- Ensuring that the performance review processes are upheld and that follow up meetings are held by the managers who are instructed and educated in this area.
- Support and advise the managers, making sure that the managers get support in topics related to individual performance talks or correction of behavior.
- Carrying out or ensuring delegation of rehabilitation cases and plans, which may also include contact with employees’ health care provider and/or local social insurance agency.
- Fostering a culture of accountability and trust within the dynamics of a sustainable business, as well as working with others to further develop the company culture.
- Promoting a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the facility as well as between projects.
Work Environment & Labour Law
- Responsible to account for the expertise on Swedish labour law and ensuring compliance.
- Ensuring the workplace is a safe environment for employees, clients and others, in accordance with the Swedish Work Environment Act.
- Overseeing Swedish work environment legislation and six-monthly meetings with HR and the Employee Safety Representatives.
- Act as lead partner for activities such as re-organizations and other corporate change initiatives. This includes Trade Union negotiations, as needed.
- Responsible for keeping HR related policies relevant and up to date and the creation of new ones according to needs stipulated in the law, this includes creating awareness and ensuring that employees understand and accept.
- Responsible for keeping all employment/consultancy agreement templates up to date and legal.
- Overseeing documentation and administration related to employment, and ensuring storage in a safe and responsible manner.
Direct Reports & Indirect Reports
- HR service delivery owner, however continuous and frequent collaboration with HR Manager at Goodbye Kansas. Close collaboration in general HR matters such as work environment, policies, documentation and administration.
- Support Goodbye Kansas’ HR Manager with their direct reports, as needed. Goodbye Kansas’ Lead Office Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, Senior Recruiter & Academic Relations as well as HR Administrator currently reports to Goodbye Kansas HR Manager.
- Overseeing Goodbye Kansas’ HR- and Front Desk budgets, which are set and maintained by the HR Manager in collaboration with the Group CHRO, Group CEO, Group CFO and Lead Office Manager.
- Planning out the overall “HR-year” for the Group, and ensuring that key stakeholders are informed.
- Responsible for the yearly salary review process, incl. preparation, instructions to management, tool support, salary benchmarks, final preparation before approval from management and handover to Payroll.
- Overseeing international mobility, which includes to develop and maintain contact with relocation agencies and run the immigration journey for the candidates/coworkers, in relation to the relocation agency and Migrationsverket on immigration matters.
- Chair & organize various meetings, as needed.
- Acting as an escalation point for HR-staff, Production Management, and Artist Management to resolve the matter at hand.
- Carrying out or ensuring delegation of any other necessary HR-administrative duties, as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or equivalent education
- Minimum 7-10 years of work experience within HR with a strong working knowledge of Swedish labour law and Trade Union negotiations
- High impact as a communicator - verbally, written and in meetings - able to bring your well informed points across in a collaborative manner
- Great people manager, mentor and collaborator with a proven track as a leader in a global organization. Able to quickly establish credibility and maintain positive & productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Organised and proactive, with the drive to deliver results and manage self effectively.
- Ability to have several processes ongoing simultaneously, as well as a strong ability to prioritize your work and delegate as needed.
- Capable of working to deadlines and adapting to changing conditions, ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations as they arise.
- Strong facilitation and consultancy skills; able to consult on a range of relatively complex people issues with a proven ability to deliver against a range of conflicting demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both Swedish and English
- Experienced and proficient G-suite user
- Basic experience of Bamboo HR (or any kind of HR-softwares) is a plus
- Basic experience of Swedish collective agreements is a plus
- Basic experience of international labour law is a plus (as we have offices in London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manilla as well)
- Market knowledge within animation, vfx, film, AR/VR and games is a plus
To succeed in this role, we believe that you thrive in an ever-evolving environment, you are known for getting the details right and have a positive, easy-to-approach personality. As in any HR role, you will handle a lot of sensitive information, and must therefore have a high level of integrity and an excellent ability to listen. If you, above all of the requirements, also have a genuine interest in the magical world of animation, vfx, film, AR/VR and games, you get an extra star in our book.
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.