Creature/Character Artist - Los Angeles
Creative – Los Angeles
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Creature/Character Artist to join our team in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong grasp of organic and hard surface modeling and the ability to create detailed high res characters as well as stylized creatures. You understand that character work does not end in ZBrush, and can texture, shade and optimize just as well as you can sculpt.
- Creating high-quality humanoid characters and animals
- Working with scan data to produce fantastic results
- Bringing game assets up to cinematic quality
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Creating high quality textures and author materials
- Re-topology and efficient UV layout
Required skills and personal qualities
- Strong modeling and texturing skills in a diverse visual range of characters and creatures
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, silhouette and structure
- Strong blendshape creation knowledge
- Experience with shading in Vray
- Strong skills in Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter and Marvelous designer
- Demonstrated proficiency with current techniques and PBR workflows
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a team-player
- Traditional sculpture, drawing or painting skills are a plus.
- Skinning and rigging skills are a plus
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
Goodbye Kansas Holding consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest and Infinite Entertainment, with more than 170 artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.