VFX/CG Supervisor - Los Angeles
FX – Los Angeles
Goodbye Kansas Studios, is seeking a VFX/CG Supervisor to join our team in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate for this position has at least 6 years of continuous experience as a post-production supervisor in both live action and full CG. You should be comfortable in leading and guiding artists to meet the studio’s and clients’ creative vision and common goals. It’s required that you fully understand the entire VFX process, so you can evaluate and participate in the team’s problem solving process and make correct decisions on how to move forward. Strong communication skills are necessary, as you will work closely with both producers, coordinators and artists as well as with external partners/directors.
- Understand the entire production process and approving the work of all crew on the show.
- Verify technical solutions proposed by team members.
- Brief entire crew on director’s creative vision and enable artists to produce desired results.
- Coordinate the management of a show and project schedules, to ensure that work is delivered on deadlines.
- Supervising location shoots, to ensure VFX requirements are met
- Preparing VFX and CG cost breakdown for new business pitches
- Establishing the artistic requirements of projects, setting internal goals, and determining resources required to achieve desired outcomes
- Designing artistic approaches to VFX/CG shots on an overall project basis, in conjunction with artists and heads of department, and preparing reference material and artistic resources
- Communicate client direction to in house department supervisors and leads.
- Provide artistic supervision throughout production process.
- Approve shots in conjunction with Creative Director.
- Work closely with Producers and Coordinators to establish and manage the project teams and budgets.
- Solid knowledge of Maya, Vray, Houdini, and Nuke.
- Creative eye and aesthetic judgment with a deep understanding of composition, light and color with strong attention to detail and animation timing.
- Must have an understanding of Directing/Lighting/Camera work/Practical Effects/Camera Gripping/Art Department/Production Design and Props.
- Past on-set supervision experience is an asset.
- Ability to help a team meet strict deadlines, even under pressure.
- Excellent communication, organization skills and financial and budget management skills.
- A thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline.
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities.
- Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Working experience with ftrack (project software) is considered an asset.
- Experience delivering on an episodic schedule.
- Senior level experience in script breakdown and bidding.
- 6 years plus employment in the VFX, Film, Television or Game industry
- Extensive production and technical knowledge
- Strong sense of client service
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.