Goodbye Kansas London is looking to welcome a 3D Generalist to the team! The ideal candidate for this position must be passionate about VFX and have ambition to push the boundaries of photo-realism. Using commercial and proprietary software and tools you would be responsible for various things like asset builds, look development, lighting and projections including render setups to facilitate producing top-notch visuals for VFX film and tv. Knowledge sharing is also important as helping each other is a highly valued characteristic of Goodbye Kansas culture.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team
- Creation of high quality photorealistic assets and development of shots in collaboration VFX/CG Supervisor
- Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine the best approach to solving 3d challenges and developing the final look
- Perform generalist tasks such as modeling, texturing, look development. layout and lighting.
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Participate in regular department meetings, provide information on workload and possible issues to HOD
Required skills and personal qualities:
- 3+ years high-end VFX Film and TV experience
- Knowledge and understanding of all things 3d with experience in modelling, texturing, look development, layout and lighting. Specializing in at least one of these disciplines is a must.
- Solid experience using 3D softwares – ideally Houdini, Maya, Substance Painter , Substance designer, Zbrush, Nuke.
- Experience of Vray, Arnold or similar raytracing renderers
- Be comfortable working with a pre-set workflow or pipeline but also have the creativity and problem solving skills to work around issues
- Must have a great eye for detail and an accurate perception of form, scale and proportion.
- Self-motivated as well as team oriented
- Professional aptitude and good communication skills
- Able to take direction and feedback positively and maturely
- Setting up shot cameras, dmp projection cameras and creating cg environment layouts
- Animation and rigging in maya
- Organic modeling in Maya and/o packages such as Zbrush and Mudbox
- Creating and rendering Cg foliage in packages such as speed tree
- Knowledge of FX and lighting with rendering in Houdini
- Knowledge of Python and/or Mel scripting
- Experience using Ftrack or similar project management tool
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.