Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a CG Supervisor to join the team in London. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced facility CG Supervisor who is comfortable in leading and guiding artists to meet the VFX Supervisors visions and requests. It’s required that you fully understand the entire VFX process, so you can evaluate and participate in the team’s problem-solving process and make correct decisions on how to move forward. Strong communication skills are necessary, as you will work closely with both VFX Supervisors, coordinators and artists as well as IT and Pipeline.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Work closely with VFX Supervisors to determine the best approach to solving CG challenges and developing the final look
- Working closely with department HOD’s to establish the technical requirements of projects, setting internal goals, and determining resources required to deliver on budget and on time
- To be instrumental in show set up, creation of templates for CG artists and making sure each task is done correctly within our internal Pipeline and in line with our workflows
- To forecast render farm loads and data storage requirements of a project to Head of VFX
- To mentor and guide the team across all 3d disciplines
- When required to help on the floor with lighting/rendering of shots and have the ability to perform more generalist tasks such as modeling, texturing and lookdev
- Keeping the team on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- 7+ years high-end VFX Film and TV experience with proven experience of leading a team
- Thorough understanding of the entire VFX pipeline.
- Thorough knowledge of disciplines within VFX including modeling, texturing, lookdev, lighting, layout and camera tracking
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Houdini, Maya, Substance Painter, Substance designer, Zbrush, Nuke
- Thorough understanding of physically based rendering and experience with ray tracing renderers such as Vray or Arnold
- Must have a great eye for detail and an accurate perception of form, scale and proportion.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and deliver a brief to the wider team
- Adaptable and open to learning new techniques/softwares and sharing such with the team.
- Be hands on and team oriented as collaboration is important to us
- Knowledge of lighting and rendering in Houdini
- Experience with digital paint software Substance and/or Mari
- Knowledge of Python, Mel and/or Vex scripting
- An in-depth knowledge of colour space
- On set experience
- Experience using Ftrack or similar project management tool
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.