Project Coordinator - Uppsala (temporary)
Production – Svartbäcksgatan, Uppsala
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a stand-in VFX Coordinator to join our team in Uppsala, due to parental leave. Duration of the period is one year starting from November 2018.
You will work with producers, supervisors and artists to ensure shots are being tracked and delivered according to established targets and milestones.
This position coordinates our cross-functional production teams and requires effective project management- and communication skills, as well as a very proactive / positive attitude. This is also an excellent opportunity to get a foothold in the VFX-industry!
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Scheduling, prioritizing and tracking internal technical assignments and project details.
- Organize rounds and project meetings.
- Ensure Shotgun (project management tool) statuses and task assignments are kept up to date.
- Coordinate and package shot deliveries including submission documentation.
- Daily contact with clients, producers and supervisors in Body/Face animation teams.
- Ensure teams are right informed on daily delivery objectives.
- Record all shot notes whether from clients or rounds.
- Ensuring effective communication and continual team updates.
- Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects effectively.
- Documenting decisions and requests, and ensuring items are tracked and managed appropriately.
- Monitoring and controlling progress, issues and preparing reports.
- Establishing quality control and project closure processes.
- Communicate and coordinate with remote freelancers, some working in other time zones.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Conversant with visual effects terminologies and processes.
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with supervisors, artists and producers.
- Established software knowledge.
- Understanding of processes surrounding animation.
- Working experience with Shotgun (project software) is considered an asset.
- Role reports to the Head of Body Animation.
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- Ability to prioritise your workload
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.