Goodbye Kansas Studios, London, is looking for a Head of Editorial / VFX Editor to join the team. The Head of Editorial / VFX Editor plays a key part in ensuring the smooth operation of the studio.
Head of Editorial / VFX Editor will be responsible for running dailies and client review sessions, maintaining project timelines and handling all I/O. They will also work with our other global offices to create reels and promotional materials.
- Data turnover, ingestion and processing of incoming material
- Managing internal edits of sequences and shots and liaison with client editorial to keep edits up to date
- Running internal dailies and client review sessions
- Quality control checks of all VFX shots prior to them being submitted to client
- Performing I/O duties across all projects
- Maintaining our shot tracking management system (Ftrack) with all current editorial information and maintaining all additional editorial logs (as required)
- Creating in-house reels including project reels, company reels, technical breakdowns and awards reel and maintaining showreel's editorial database
- Helping with show wrap ups and managing/coordinating media archive and performing media archive duties
- Contributing to further development of editorial / colour workflow, contributing to and maintaining editorial's resources repository
- Training VFX Assistant Editors and maintaining/updating training documentation
Requirements and personal qualities:
- 2 years previous experience as a VFX Editor
- Thorough understanding of VFX terminology, pipeline, colour space and LUTs, ACES and non-ACES workflows
- Experience using Nuke, Nuke Studio, Hiero, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere plus knowledge of RV, Cinesync, Ftrack
- Experience with Linux, PC, Mac
- Experience with a variety of film and video formats, files, frame rates, codecs and resolutions
- Strong technical background and experience
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Strong communication skills (internal teams and external clients)
- Ability to work under pressure, to multitask and to solve problems
- A good eye for detail
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.