Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Compositing Lead to join our brand new team in Vancouver. The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of 2 years of experience in a leading role, with an expert level of understanding of Nuke. We are looking for someone with excellent skills in communicating with both colleagues and clients, an ability to understand and follow the creative vision of the director and when needed, act as a tutor and mentor for junior colleagues in your team. You should also have an understanding of client needs, be able to meet deadlines on time and enjoy working on classic plate based VFX work as well as full CG projects from time to time. The job will also include an amount of problem solving and it’s important that you are a good team player, enjoying working closely with your colleagues to push the boundaries and continue to build Goodbye Kansas’ great reputation for excellent quality in everything we deliver.
This position requires you to work from home or our central office. You will be supplied with the required hardware and software to fulfill your duties.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Group pension plan and an industry-leading extended healthcare package.
- A modern, high performance state-of-the-art virtual office with a central physical location for in-person team meetings.
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production.
- Sitting in on calls with clients, outlining the best way to plan and execute shots.
- Follow and take responsibility for shots and sequences from start to finish, having close contact with fellow artists, VFX supervisors and other departments.
- Finalising shots that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors.
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot.
- Ability to collaborate with, work and lead a team of artists, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Professional working knowledge of Nuke with at least 2 years of experience in a leading role.
- Competent in DMP integration approaches, from 2D backdrops to 2.5/3D multiple projection setups in Nuke.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting.
- An understanding of color space principles.
- Photoshop and Linux experience.
Additional desired skills:
- Being able to create tools and implement new techniques into the production pipeline
- Understanding of colour grading & colour correction tools and principles
- Strong traditional art or crafting skills
- Knowledge of Editorial software such as Nuke Studio/Hiero
- Experience in the development of junior artists
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles, Manila & Vancouver.