Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a unique Senior VFX Producer to join our brand new team in Vancouver. You will be instrumental in helping set up our Vancouver production teams by establishing best VFX practises in connection with our other international studio locations.
The Senior VFX Producer role carries significant responsibilities both internal and external and is at the heart of a project. From the script breakdown and bidding process through to driving a production schedule and managing a budget, being effective in this role is crucial to a well-organized project. The VFX Producer liaises with the client alongside the Executive Producer throughout the entire process.
This role will very much need a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Group pension plan and an industry-leading extended healthcare package.
- A modern, high performance state-of-the-art virtual office with a central physical location for in-person team meetings.
Responsibilities and authorities
- Establishing and maintaining best practices for a thriving VFX team in Vancouver
- Supporting the Executive Producers in client meetings
- Breakdown scripts and create & manage project budgets
- Estimate the work with input from VFX Supervisors, select artists and technical staff.
- Plan and schedule the Vancouver resources (talent and tech) and identify hiring needs.
- Ensure the most effective approach to the work is established.
- Ensure the progression of the work to the client’s satisfaction.
- Report project progress internally and to the client on a regular basis.
- Effectively meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Manage the daily production schedule of the project.
- Manage a team of effective VFX Coordinators and Production Assistants.
- Provide training, support, assistance and mentorship to the production team.
Requirements and personal qualities
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a VFX producer on VFX projects for feature films or TV series at a VFX studio.
- Experience on high-end productions is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with an industry project management tool (ftrack, Shotgun/Shotgrid).
- Highly proficient with spreadsheet tools (Microsoft Office or Google Suite).
- Highly organized with excellent task management skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly familiar with visual effects terminologies and processes.
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- We look for a proactive and personable team player.
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this posting should not be considered as all-inclusive. Additional functions or requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate especially during the launch phase of our Vancouver studio.
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles, Manila & Vancouver.