Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a DMP/Environment Artist to join our new team in Vancouver.
You need to be able to follow the creative vision of directors and supervisors and provide creative and technical solutions by Matte Paintings and/or 2.5D technical elements, mainly for VFX feature films or TV series. Problem solving is also part of the job, as well as finding the smartest ways to create technical solutions that help your entire team work effectively to reach the creative vision. The ideal candidate is an inspired team player that thrives from working in close-knit teams with the urge to create something truly spectacular.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Group pension plan and an industry-leading extended healthcare package.
- A modern, high performance state-of-the-art virtual office with a central physical location for in-person team meetings.
- Work closely with the CG supervisor, Environment Lead or Compositing Lead to meet briefs set by the VFX supervisor
- Responsible for creating digital matte paintings that seamlessly integrate with live action plates through the creation of 2D backdrops, 2D extension elements or more complex 2.5D projection setups.
- Performing tasks such as basic modeling, texturing and layout
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience working in DMP / Environment
- Thorough knowledge of digital matte painting techniques using Photoshop
- The ability to set up DMP projections - including creation of DMP cameras and geometry for DMP projections in Nuke
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available
- Understanding of the artistic and technical principles of composition and colour
- Experienced professional working knowledge of Maya, Nuke and Photoshop
- Ability to collaborate with and work with a team of artists
Additional desired skills
- An interest in creating new tools and implement new techniques into the production pipeline
- Creation of assets from photogrammetry data
- Experience with texturing in Substance Painter or Mari
- Organic modeling in sculpting packages such as Zbrush and Mudbox
- Experience of lighting and rendering using Vray, Arnold or similar raytracing renderers
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles, Manila and Vancouver.