Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Houdini FX Lead to join our brand new team in Vancouver. The FX Department is responsible for the creation of particle, pyro, rigid body, water and crowd simulations.
The FX department works closely with surrounding departments to reach the visual goals. A high level of artistic quality is valued, but it is equally important that all artists have a high level of understanding when it comes to technical aspects.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Group pension plan and an industry-leading extended healthcare package.
- A modern, high performance state-of-the-art virtual office with a central physical location for in-person team meetings.
- Manage and lead an FX team to deliver at the highest standard.
- Work with the project management team to make sure schedules and bidding is accurate.
- Using Houdini and proprietary software to design and maintain simulations and procedural setups.
- Create and maintain effects look-development and shading.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure all effects work smoothly within the show pipeline.
Required Skills and Personal Qualities:
- At least 7+ years of work experience in the industry.
- At least 5+ years of work experience as an FX artist.
- An excellent knowledge of Houdini including Mantra and Vex.
- A working knowledge of Nuke and a solid understanding of the lighting, rendering and compositing process.
- Experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, water, explosions in addition to a thorough understanding of simulation techniques for rigid/soft-bodies, finite elements etc.
- A good eye for composition, motion and timing.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.Being a team player, open to learning from those with more experience and know-how.
- A positive attitude, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Reliable, able to follow instructions, contribute to improved ways-of-working, and meet set deadlines.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience in rendering with Vray.
- Programming skills with C/C++ and Houdini HDK.
- Experience working with real-time engines such as Unreal Engine.
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles, Manila and Vancouver.