Goodbye Kansas studios is looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team. The position requires strong software development skills, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to design high quality, robust, and easy to maintain code and tools. The engineer is primarily responsible for development, implementation and deployment of tools and systems to support the work across our multiple sites in Stockholm, London, Los Angeles and Hamburg. This position requires collaboration with other engineering staff, project managers, and production artists to develop and implement innovative new effective workflows.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Manage, maintain and continue development on the tools and systems used for transferring assets and other content between sites
- Work on further improve code deployment and tool versioning to multiple sites and projects
- Work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure standard working practices are being followed
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with code versioning such as git
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Ability to design and implement complex systems
- Knowledge of user interface design and standard UI toolkits, specifically QT/PyQT/PySide
- Experience with project tracking systems such as ftrack and Shotgun and their APIs
- Proven ability to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of large-scale digital production for Animation and Visual Effects.
- Understanding of computer graphics concepts and development for DCC platforms.
- Understanding of file formats and data representations used in Animation and Visual Effects.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize your workload in an effective manner.
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.