Lead FX Artist
FX - Los Angeles
About the position:
The ideal candidate for this position has at least 5 years of experience as an FX TD/Artist. You should be adept at self managing and comfortable in leading and guiding other FX artists as well as advising the CG Supervisor on best practices. Able to anticipate and find solutions to problems within the team. Be able and willing to contribute and collaborate to create an effective FX workflow for production capable in both realtime and pre-rendered projects.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance, Training, Vacation, Flexible PTO
- Travel internationally
- Being a part of the building process not just an end user
- Design and create effects simulations for production (simulation and render)
- Develop FX passes for specific shots
- Develop rigs/techniques to implement and optimize approved looks
- Produce look tests based on provided reference materials
- Create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow
- Creatively and technically solve problems given art direction
- Multitask on multiple shots at once while managing time efficiently
- 5+ years experience in creating visual effects for commercials, games, emerging tech, and/or feature films.
- Experience in creating some or all of the following: Rigid and dynamic effects like splash, waves, fire, smoke, destruction, explosions, mist, dust or similar.
- Experience creating abstract or conceptual fx
- Experience creating weapon fx
- Ability to quickly create draft level fx
- Volume modeling and rendering
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects.
- Working knowledge of professional software packages such as Maya, Houdini and/or Fume as well as rendering techniques/software.
- Able to solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- Extensive fx/vfx and technical knowledge
- Knowledge of Perforce
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Realtime experience a HUGE plus
- Knowledge of Unreal/Unity/Frostbite or the likes a HUGE plus
- Scripting in Python, CG Pipeline Development a plus
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.