HR – Los Angeles
About the position:
The ideal candidate for this position has at least 2 years of experience as a VFX, Emerging Tech, or Games Recruiter/Scheduler. You should be adept at self managing and comfortable in leading and guiding the recruiting and hiring process. Able to anticipate and find solutions to problems within the process. And be able and willing to contribute and collaborate to create an recruiting, hiring, staffing, and scheduling plan that fits the needs and goals on both a studio level as well as a project level.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Travel internationally
- Being a part of the building process not just an end user
- Manage full cycle recruiting process including position management, sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring, and scheduling
- Maintain positive relationships through both written and verbal communication to achieve high levels of candidate and hiring manager satisfaction.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple projects and a large open position volume of regular and freelance roles.
- Very strong ability identifying clear priorities and meeting department goals.
- Responsible for all reference checks, offer letters, and verbal offers to candidates.
- Help ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / diversity policies.
- Serve as a communication liaison for those individuals involved in the hiring process.
- Create and utilize a recruiting database for the sourcing and tracking of candidates.
- Strong client interaction skills with excellent customer service experience with internal and external clients.
- Has a roster of qualified contacts to fill roles at an ambitious pace
- Previous working experience in the Post Production VFX or Game industry. Realtime, Game, or Emerging tech experience is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of VFX VFX workflow (ingest, previs, animation, rigging, modeling, lighting, look dev, dynamics, rendering, to delivery).
- Understanding of fundamental difference between various VFX roles such as modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, lighting, and FX
- Experience looking at various demo reels for different discipline and skill sets.
- Experience working as a Scheduler, Recruiting Coordinator, or VFX
Production Manager/Producer are all relevant backgrounds for success in
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word or similar
- Familiarity with team tracking or gant software; F-track a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.