VFX Editor | Stockholm
Editorial – Rosenlundsgatan 40, Stockholm
About the position
The Editorial department is the I/O hub of the Studio and essential to all GBK productions taking responsibility for accurate setup of materials and color management during start up, work in progress and final delivery of projects together with the VFX Supervisor of each project. The work includes conform, plate setup and distribution, management of edits and color spaces. The work also includes editing of custom materials such as reels and client services such as Online, Color grading, Finishing and Broadcast delivery of in-house productions. The department is responsible for final output Archival in collaboration with the project Producer.
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Conform footage and transform Color Spaces.
- I/O duties; ftp and Aspera postings and downloads, ingest and encoding
- Maintain sequence edits and inserting visual effects shots into the timeline
- Ensure F-track is maintained with current shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions
- Confirm published shots conform to the current edit and perform QC checks
- Prepare sequence edits and special reels for internal and client approvals when required
- Create dailies and operate screenings if required
- Perform shot retimes to match supplied editorial reference when required
- Ensuring the production database is maintained with accurate shot counts, reference QTs and plates
- Preparing sequence edits for internal review and client approvals
- Cutting final and technical breakdown reels for each show upon completion
- Prepare and perform client-facing sessions
- Using different NLE softwares.
- At least 3 years previous experience as a VFX editor
- Thorough understanding of VFX terminology, pipeline, colour space and LUTs
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Strong communication skills (internal teams and external clients)
- Ability to work under pressure, to multitask and to solve problems
- A good eye for detail
- Experience with Linux, PC, Mac
- Experience using Hiero, Adobe Premiere plus knowledge of RV, Cinesync, F-Track
- Experience with a variety of film and video formats, files, frame rates, codecs and resolutions
- Strong technical background and experience
- Experience in Resolve and Flame is a plus
- Being a team player, open to learning from those with more experience and know-how.
- A positive attitude, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Reliable, able to follow instructions, contribute to improved ways-of-working, and meet set deadlines.
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.