Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Senior Facial Modeler to join our team in Stockholm.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong grasp of facial modeling and the ability to create detailed high res facial expressions for realistic, as well as stylized characters/creatures, using video, 2d reference images and scan data as a base.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Creating high-quality facial sculpts for humanoid characters and animals/creatures
- Working with scan data to produce fantastic results
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Ensuring assets meets the specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Creating high quality textures
- Re-topology and efficient UV layout
Required skills and personal qualities
- Strong modeling skills in a diverse visual range of organic characters and creatures
- A strong understanding of facial anatomy and FACS
- A strong understanding of topology for a deformable face
- Experience sculpting and working with facial blendshapes
- Attention to detail and ability to adapt quickly to changing specifications
- Able to use a wide range of actor's performance scan data to extract key shapes and incorporate into a character’s facial rig
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, humble and with excellent communications skills
- Able to take direction and work independently while still being an effective team player
- Experience using Zbrush/Mudbox and Maya in a production environment
- Experience with character creation in general (body/clothing/hair)
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Skills in rigging and geometry deformations
- Ability to script in MEL and Python
- Traditional sculpture, drawing or painting skills are a plus
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.