Character/Creature midlevel artist | Stockholm
Modeling – Rosenlundsgatan 40, Stockholm
About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Character/Creature mid level Artist to join our team in Stockholm. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong grasp of organic and hard surface modelling and the ability to create detailed high res characters as well as stylized creatures. You understand that character work does not end in ZBrush, and can texture, shade and optimize just as well as you can sculpt.
About the Department
The modeling department is responsible for providing 3D models and digital sculpts for the projects that we work on. When creating a model, the modeling department works from references, provided concept art or raw scan data.
The modeling department works closely with surrounding departments such as art, rigging and lookdev in order to hand over models that meets the requirements of the next step in the pipeline. A high level of artistic quality is valued, but it is equally important that all artists has a high level of understanding when it comes to the technical aspects such as topology, deformation and uv’s. The artist can always rely on support from other coworkers with questions or when running into issues.
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Creating high-quality humanoid characters, creatures and animals
- Working with scan data to produce fantastic results
- Bringing game assets up to cinematic quality
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Creating high quality textures and author materials
- Retopology and efficient UV layout
Application knowledge required for the role
- Maya for general 3d modeling and uv mapping.
- Yeti for Maya for grooming of hair and fur
- Zbrush for digital sculpting
- Marvelous designer for garment creation
- Substance painter for texturing
- Maya V-ray for lookdev
- The Artist is required to have at least 3 years of work experience in the industry.
- Artistic skill and ability
- Understanding of the technical aspects surrounding suitable topology for deformation, simulation and uv mapping
- PBR workflow, texturing and shading
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Creating digi doubles - from scan to production ready mesh.
- Grooming hair and fur
- Blendshapes creation for body and face
Plus for the role
- Blender for general 3d modeling and grooming of hair and fur
- Houdini Mantra for lookdev
- Agisoft or Meshroom for photogrammetry to 3d scan
- Mari for texturing
- Being a team player, open to learning from those with more experience and know-how.
- A positive attitude, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Reliable, able to follow instructions, contribute to improved ways-of-working, and meet set deadlines.
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.