Systems Engineer | Los Angeles
Goodbye Kansas Studios is a global team that joins art and technology to create visual effects and CGI for films, TV-series, commercials and games. We have studios in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles and are looking for a Systems Technician to join our IT team in Los Angeles and help us deliver zombies to Walking Dead, cool creatures for Hollywood blockbusters, cute kittens for international commercials and mind blowing cinematics for the biggest brands in the gaming industry. And have a lot of fun doing it.
To fill this position you should have knowledge of hardware and infrastructure in a mixed environment, be service minded and a good problem solver. You are probably very interested in new technology, always looking out for ways to improve things within your areas of responsibility. Our systems run 24/7, so the position includes working off-hours at times.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers.
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Freedom to present ideas and solutions to improve technology and support.
- Manage, monitor and maintain Windows and Linux servers, Switches, Firewalls and other infrastructure.
- Setup and deploy servers and workstations.
- Support end users.
- Manage, maintain various IT related hardware such as printers, video conference systems, projectors, CCTV, alarms, etc.
- Communicate with remote offices to find optimal technical solutions.
- Related experience with systems management.
- Have very good problem solving skills and be service minded.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- High technical aptitude and a curious mind.
Recommended skills and qualifications
- VMware vCenter
- Active Directory
- VFX applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, After Effects, Photoshop etc.
- Google Cloud Platform.
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize your workload in an effective manner.
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.