Software R&D Engineer | Stockholm
Pipeline – Rosenlundsgatan 40, Stockholm
About the position
Goodbye Kansas studios is looking for a Software Engineer to join our development team. The position requires strong software development skills, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to design high quality, robust, and easy to maintain code and tools. The engineer is primarily responsible for research and development, implementation and deployment of tools that enables artists to create high quality facial rigs efficiently.
The engineer would work closely with surrounding departments such as modelling, rigging and pipeline in order to to create tools that are easy to use, produce the desired result and integrates well with the rest of the pipeline. A high level of technical understanding is of course required but having an artistic eye as well as understanding production requirements is highly valued in order to develop tools and technologies that can be used in production.
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Develop software solutions for artists to enable them to create beautiful art efficiently
- Stay up to date with latest research in the field
- Implement papers from SIGGRAPH and similar
- Research new solutions to problems in the fields of machine learning, statistical modelling and other data driven techniques
- Proficient programming in Python and C++
- A solid foundation in mathematics, especially calculus and linear algebra
- A solid foundation and interest in computer graphics. Especially animation and deformation techniques
Plus for the role
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics or Computer Science
- Experience with the Autodesk Maya API
- Experience in realtime graphics
- Being a team player, open to learning from those with more experience and know-how.
- A positive attitude, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Reliable, able to follow instructions, contribute to improved ways-of-working, and meet set deadlines.
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.