Senior Rigging TD
Rigging - Los Angeles
The ideal candidate for this position has at least 5 years of experience as a Rigging TD/Artist. You should be adept at self managing and comfortable in leading and guiding other Rigging artists as well as advising the CG Supervisor on best practices. Able to anticipate and find solutions to problems within the team. Be able and willing to contribute and collaborate to create an effective Rigging workflow for production capable in both realtime and pre-rendered projects.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance, Training, Vacation, Flexible PTO
- Travel internationally
- Being a part of the building process not just an end user
- Handle the development of character and prop rigs for animation, deformation, and rendering
- Support of tools and technologies used by content creators for animation
- Partner closely with the Animation department to ensure the successful handoff and performance of character rigs
- Supervise the implementation of skin and muscle behaviors for a variety of characters
- Drive process, quality, and cross studio communication
- Create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow
- Creatively and technically solve problems given art direction
- 5 years experience performing duties of a lead or supervisor of rigging in gaming and/or film.
- Strong understanding of rigging and animation content creation processes for games and its technical constraints.
- Significant experience with tool creation for rigging/animation workflows on multiple shows
- Understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, and form.
- Familiarity with motion capture pipelines and data management, including retargeting.
- Strong experience with standard industry tools including Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Able to solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity
- Working knowledge of Python. Familiarity with the Maya API, Qt, C#/C++, or WPF
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.