Real-time - Los Angeles
The ideal candidate for this position has at least 5 years of experience as a Realtime Tech Artist. You should be adept at self managing and comfortable in leading and guiding other artists as well as advising the CG Supervisor on best practices. Able to anticipate and find solutions to problems within the production. Be able and willing to contribute and collaborate to create an effective realtime workflow for production.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance, Training, Vacation, Flexible PTO
- Travel internationally
- Being a part of the building process not just an end user
- Integrating creative assets into the engine without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Acting as a bridge between the creative and engineering teams
- Helping the creative team diagnose and solve technical problems so they can realize their artistic vision
- Investigating new techniques and best practices, then documenting them, implementing them and training the team
- Using tools and scripts as necessary to optimize workflow so that each discipline can focus on their core contribution
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains while maintaining our high standards for user experience
- Ability to create custom blueprints/shaders
- 5 years experience performing the duties of a realtime technical artist.
- Extensive knowledge of asset optimization tools
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Extensive knowledge of realtime and realtime engines
- Strong visual scripting skills in Unreal blueprints or similar
- Knowledge of repository systems such as Perforce
- Able to solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity
- Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, C++ etc.)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package and/or game engine
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.