Animation - Los Angeles
At Goodbye Kansas Studio Los Angeles, we are looking for a skilled and experienced character animator with a passion for character performance, motion capture and facial animation. As well as, being comfortable editing motion capture to ensuring that the subtleties of the performances delivered by actors are translated to characters.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance, Training, Vacation, Flexible PTO
- Travel internationally
- Being a part of the building process not just an end user
- Working closely with 3D Artists, Leads and Supervisors to ensure the quality and projects needs are met
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, animation integration into game engines or pre-rendered sequences
- Ability to switch between different disciplines such as; Hand Keying and Motion Capture editing.
- Clearly show performance ideas and shot blocking in reviews
- Collaborate with and take direction from Directors and Animation Supervisors
- Experience with motion capture data and the MoCap pipeline
- Maintain an open and professional demeanor regarding direction, changes, and shifting requirements
- 3+ years experience as an animator in games, commercials, or film
- Must have an excellent understanding of character animation performance and techniques
- Strong experience with standard industry tools including Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, and form.
- Visual demonstration such as a demo reel or a web link to a portfolio
- Familiarity with motion capture pipelines and data management, including retargeting.
- Able to solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates, and iterate rapidly based on client notes.
- Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity
- A good understanding of real world based cameras and camera film backs
- Able to diagnose and solve technical or rigging issues
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to work and understand all other disciplines within a working pipeline
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.