2.5D Environment Artist | Stockholm
Compositing - Stockholm
About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking an Environment Artist to join our team in Stockholm. You need to be able to follow the creative vision of directors and supervisors and provide creative and technical solutions by Matte Paintings or 3D technical elements, mainly for VFX Productions. Problem solving is also part of the job, as well as finding the smartest ways to create technical solutions that helps your entire team work effectively to reach the creative vision. The ideal candidate is an inspired team player that thrives from working in close-knit teams with the urge to create something truly spectacular.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- DMP integration approaches, from 2D backdrops to 2.5/3D multiple projection setups in Maya, Nuke etc.
- Performing tasks such as basic modeling, layout, paintovers and assembly of live action and 3D elements,
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production.
- Photoreal digital matte painting techniques achieving the seamless integration of digital paintwork, photographic stills, rendered CG (aov’s) and live action plates
- Artistic and technical principles of composition and colour
- 2D drafting techniques to analyse and correct perspective, as well as building and rendering 3d base geo for wire-frame perspective reference in software such as Maya
Requirements and personal qualities:
- Ability to collaborate with and work with a team of artists, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available
- Experienced professional working knowledge of Maya/Houdini and Nuke/Photoshop
- Knowledge of modeling and various Projection techniques
- Being able to create tools and implement new techniques into the production pipeline.
- Strong traditional art or crafting skills
- Shading techniques
- Great eye for layout and composition.
- Knowledge of modelling software such as Maya, Zbrush, Blender
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment, Goodbye Kansas Labs and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.