Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Compositing Lead to join our team in London. The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of 2 years of experience in a leading role, with an expert level of understanding of Nuke. We are looking for someone with excellent skills in communicating with both colleagues and clients, an ability to understand and follow the creative vision of the director and when needed, act as a tutor and mentor for junior colleagues in your team. You should also have an understanding of client needs, be able to meet deadlines on time and enjoy working on full CG projects as well as classic plate based VFX work. The job will also include an amount of problem solving and it’s important that you are a good team player, enjoying working closely with your colleagues to push the boundaries and continue to build Goodbye Kansas’ great reputation for excellent quality in everything we deliver.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do, but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production
- Sitting in on calls with clients, outlining the best way to plan and execute shots
- Follow and take responsibility for shots and sequences from start to finish, having close contact with fellow artists, VFX supervisors and other departments
- Finalising shots that should meet or exceed clients expectations
Required skills and personal qualities:
- Ability to collaborate with, work and lead a team of artists, under deadlines and time constraints
- Professional working knowledge of Nuke with at least 2 years of experience in a leading role
- Competent in DMP integration approaches, from 2D backdrops to 2.5/3D multiple projection setups in Nuke
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to create tools and implement new techniques into the production pipeline.
- Strong traditional art or crafting skills
- Knowledge of Editorial software such as Nuke Studio/Hiero
- Experience in the development of junior artists
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with 200+ artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.