Keyframe Animation Lead (Contract) | Stockholm
Animation - Stockholm
We are looking for a keyframe animation Lead artist to join us in our brand new office in Stockholm, between January (or before if possible) to end of May next year.
About the position
The Key-frame animation Lead is responsible for developing character and/or creature performances based on key-framing techniques as well as leading the work for the assigned animators. Depending on the project needs you will report directly to the VFX Supervisor or to the Animation Director and work alongside adjacent animation department leads from Layout, Motion capture, Body Animation and Facial animation
Requirements and personal qualities:
- 5 years or equivalent work experience within high-end key-frame animation for Film, TV or Games.
- Experience as a Lead, structuring and scoping your own and others work along with running a team of animators.
- Expert knowledge of animation within Maya.
- Knowledge of rigging an advantage but not required.
- Knowledge of working with Motion capture data an advantage.
- Knowledge of Ftrack beneficial.
- Personal traits and attitude: a team player. Positive, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working. Reliable, able to follow instructions but able to work independently without much guidance. Contribute to improved ways-of-working. Able to meet set deadlines.
- Leadership: When in a leading position the Key-frame animation Lead is a good listener, open to suggestions while focused on project goals. The Lead knows how to solve conflicts, give feedback in a constructive way and to manage individuals according to their specific strengths and challenges. The Lead works in a transparent and inclusive manner to enable the best internal communication possible.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment, Goodbye Kansas Labs and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.