We are looking for a Technical VFX Editor, to join our Editorial Department in Stockholm. The Editorial department is the I/O hub of the Studio and essential to all Goodbye Kansas productions. The main responsibility of the department is to ensure that shot production runs smoothly by accurate setup of materials and color management during start up, work in progress and deliveries. As Technical VFX Editor, you will take on a wide range of responsibilities and tasks, ranging between creative and highly technical. It’s important that you are exceptionally communicative and maintain a collaborative mindset, as you will work closely with both producers, coordinators, lead artists as well as with external partners/directors.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Conforming footage from an EDL, XML or AAF against an offline, transforming Color Spaces and performing QC checks. When required, performing shot retimes to match supplied editorial reference.
- Collaborating closely with Production Assistant/Coordinator in charge of communicating with external vendors.
- Setting up OCIO configurations, adjusting the color pipeline, performing color grading (neutral and shot grades) and applying LUTs/CDLs.
- Ensuring distribution and that the production database is maintained with accurate shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions, reference QTs and setup plates.
- Communicating directly with key production, artists and support internally, as well as with third-party partners.
- Preparing and managing sequence edits for internal review, client approvals and broadcast delivery.
- Cutting final and technical breakdown reels for each show upon completion, in collaboration with the Creative Department and many times performing edits with client or in-house directors.
- Ensuring that all Editorial Department tasks in collaboration with Marketing and Pipeline Department run smoothly.
- Contributing to improved ways-of-working and meeting set deadlines.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position/field
- Extensive knowledge of VFX terminology, pipeline, colour space and LUTs
- Experience with a variety of film and video formats, files, frame rates, codecs and resolutions
- Experience using Hiero, Nuke and Resolve
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), advanced English level
- Familiarity with film and video post-production and/or computer graphics techniques
- Knowledge of shot tracking software (i.e F-track)
- Experience using Flame, Adobe Premiere, RV and/or Cinesync
- Strong technical understanding of 3D and animation
- Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background
- Basic knowledge of hardware and/or network
- Basic knowledge of Python, JSON file format and/or usage of Gitlab
- Highly organised, reliable and an ability to follow instructions
- A positive attitude, communicative, collaborative and self-motivated
- Enjoys working autonomously as well as part of a team, sharing information and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working
Please note that we are not able to provide relocation services for this position, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden or where the candidate is able to facilitate a relocation privately.
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.