Project manager with game and event experience | Skellefteå
Goodbye Kansas Labs - Skellefteå
We are looking for a Project Manager with game industry and event experience to join Goodbye Kansas Labs in Skellefteå. You will assist projects of all sizes and be an important part of our small but ambitious team, that works with the development of the game industry in regions where we are active (currently northern Sweden and Finland, with leads in Germany, China and northern Norway). You will most likely work with large national or international EU-funded projects in terms of academy, incubators, innovation, investment and marketing.
As Project Manager, you will be the main point of contact for the client, be responsible for budgets and make sure deadlines are held. You will work in a flat organization, together with a team of fellow project managers. Pitching and bidding is also part of the job description, to a certain extent.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- An opportunity to work with the development of an international games industry on a local level.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension), Health insurance and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- Plan and lead assigned projects.
- Budget responsibility for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues on projects.
- Work with leads to support sales with bidding, provide accurate estimates and technical requirements.
- Set up and run efficient reviews, plan meetings, dailies, rounds etc, and follow up on action items.
- Ensure effective communication and continual updates to the client and team, including delivery objectives and timelines.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple projects effectively.
- Previous experience working with or within game studios
- An understanding of game development
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to solve problems effectively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both internally and towards clients
- Understanding of the stages in the creation of a games company and a game
- Organisational skills for events like game jams, conventions, fairs etc.
- Design skills for print and web
- Experience of working abroad, international experience
- Conversant with game related terminologies and processes
- A positive attitude, communicative and an active listener
- Organised, self-motivated and a structured way of working
- Enjoys working autonomously as well as part of a team, sharing information and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working
Please note that we are not able to provide relocation services for this position, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden or where the candidate is able to facilitate a relocation privately.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment, Goodbye Kansas Labs and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.