Lead Creature/Character Artist | Stockholm
Modeling - Stockholm
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Lead Creature/Character Artist to join our team in Stockholm. The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of 2 years of experience in a leading role, strong grasp of organic and hard surface modelling and the ability to create detailed high resolution characters, as well as stylized creatures. You understand that character work does not end in ZBrush, and know lookdev and grooming just as well as you sculpt.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Work as character/model lead in projects and managing task allocation for the team together with Producer/Coordinator.
- Create high-quality humanoid characters and animals, throughout modeling, lookdev and grooming.
- Work with scan data to produce high detail results.
- Bring game assets up to cinematic quality.
- Retopology and efficient UV layout.
- Support junior artists by sharing skills and knowledge.
- Communicate with surrounding departments to find and solve potential issues at an early state in productions.
- Participate in bid meetings together with Producers and Supervisors in order to estimate cost for asset production.
Required skills and Personality Traits
- A positive attitude and ability to collaborate with, work and lead a team of artists, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Professional working knowledge within Modeling with at least 2 years of experience in a leading role.
- Experienced in advanced modeling and sculpt workflows and you are also open to explore new and more effective workflows and applications.
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, silhouette and structure.
- Shading experience related to characters and creatures.
- Enjoys working autonomously as well as part of a team, sharing information and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a genuine interest in designing and concepting creatures and characters.
- Strong skills in Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter and Marvelous designer.
- Shading experience in Vray.
- Experience in the development of junior artists
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment, Goodbye Kansas Labs and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.