Goodbye Kansas Studios is looking for a Facial Modeler to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong grasp of facial modeling and the ability to create detailed high res facial expressions for realistic, as well as stylized characters/creatures, using video, 2d reference images and scan data as a base.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Creating high-quality facial sculpts for humanoid characters and animals/creatures
- Working with scan data to produce fantastic results
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Ensuring assets meets the specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Creating high quality textures
- Re-topology and efficient UV layout
Required skills and personal qualities
- At least 3 years of experience of facial modeling
- Strong modeling skills in a diverse visual range of organic characters and creatures
- A strong understanding of facial anatomy and FACS
- A strong understanding of topology for a deformable face
- Experience sculpting and working with facial blendshapes
- Attention to detail and ability to adapt quickly to changing specifications
- Able to use a wide range of actor's performance scan data to extract key shapes and incorporate into a character’s facial rig
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, humble and with excellent communications skills
- Able to take direction and work independently while still being an effective team player
- Experience using Zbrush/Mudbox and Maya in a production environment
- Experience with character creation in general (body/clothing/hair)
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Skills in rigging and geometry deformations
- Ability to script in MEL and Python
- Traditional sculpture, drawing or painting skills are a plus
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.