About the position:
Goodbye Kansas is looking for an experienced technical animator to support our art and animation teams on in-game projects within animation, asset creation and motion capture. You will be the bridge between our clients, pipeline developers, layout department and artists. You will be responsible for ensuring that client assets can be used by the team, and that our deliveries can be easily integrated by the client. This role requires a strong understanding of AAA game development tools, pipelines, workflows and requirements.
We believe you are a positive, curious and solution-oriented person who is passionate about making people’s lives easier. You love games and want to work on some of the most prestigious AAA titles currently in development. You will play a crucial role within our projects, but also help drive the overall development of our in-game pipelines and workflows. Lastly, you will use your game development experience to help the producers navigate safely around any technical challenges.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Play a vital role during pre-production phases and establish any project-specific technical workflows
- Own the integration of client assets into the GBK pipeline, and conform GBK assets to client requirements
- Flag any issues or blockers to producers and take point to solve them together with the client and GBK leads
- Act as the technical point of contact for the client, and support the producer and supervisors/leads as/when needed
- Support the art and animation teams with technical feedback, troubleshooting and problem solving, tools creation and delivery preparations
- Make sure that both final and WIP deliveries comply with client requirements and can be smoothly integrated into their engine
- Own the integration of assets in engine as and when needed
- Help the pipeline and IT teams with build access and setting up any project-specific software, tools and plugins
- Support executive producers and producers in the bidding process and project planning
- Severals years of experience as a technical animator on AAA games, including as a lead/senior
- Experience creating body, face, creature and mechanical rigs
- Knowledge of performance/motion capture processes and requirements
- Experience with in-game animation, state machines and a strong understanding of integration requirements
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder, including scripting in Python
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, Jenkins and other commonly used versioning/build management software
- Strong team communicator and fluent English speaker, who communicates clearly and professionally with clients in calls, meetings, emails and chats
- Experience with 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, shaders, dynamics and similar
- UE4 knowledge
- Experience with other art packages such as Houdini and 3Ds Max
- An understanding of video editing, video conversion and time codes
- A good eye for animation
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.