Studio Director – Stockholm
Management – Rosenlundsgatan 40, Stockholm
Goodbye Kansas Studios is looking for a Studio Director to join our team in Stockholm. As Studio Director you are responsible for the Producers Department, Resource Manager, Head of Planning and Outsourcing Manager at Goodbye Kansas Studios Sweden. As a member of the Management Team you will be one of the key figures at our studio and is expected to lead by example and inspire the team on a everyday basis. The Studio Director is responsible for driving all necessary processes and documentation to ensure excellence in producing, staff resources forecast, bidding and outsourcing utilization. The Studio Manager works closely with the Creative Director, The Production Director, the Sales Director and the COO to ensure that we are constantly developing and that our artists have an amazing time at work.
Responsibilities and authorities
- Responsible for HO Planning, Resource Manager, Outsourcing Manager and the Producers Department
- Responsible for staff resource management through HO Planning, HO Outsourcing and by engaging Talent Acq services
- Ultimately responsible for project man-hours, resource forecast and project follow-up. Responsible for monitoring and communicating man-hour changes in ongoing projects to key functions such as COO, Sales Director and Production Director.
- Engage producers and planning in all project changes and ensure correct tracking through ftrack.
- Responsible for outsourcing utilization in projects; optimizing margins through outsourcing and presenting financial breakdowns for different scenarios with or without outsourced resources. Collaborate closely with Controller on financial analysis. Ensure one global outsourcing database.
- Responsible for delivering upon set gross margin in projects
- Responsible for average day-rate together with Sales Director
- Responsible for project risk together with Production Director and COO
- Monitor the project budgets. In case of budget overdraft, responsible for highlighting the situation to Sales Director, CFO/Controller and COO.
- Responsible for overseeing the global staff resource need and optimizing allocation of resources between locations
- Responsible for providing Sales Director with breakdown based on historical data for bidding. Responsible for documentation in order to analyse projected costs based on historical data.
- Responsible for bringing staff resource, outsourcing and producer availability to project green-light process.
Requirements and personal qualities
- We believe that you have extensive experience within the VFX-business. This role requires overview of the whole planning function as well as the producers department, which demands an excellent understanding of a VFX production pipeline; from project start to finish.
- As a person you are able to prioritize and make the sometimes tough decisions on a day-to-day basis. You are able to keep a bird’s eye view of the business but at the same time able to dive into the smallest of details when needed.
- You will act according to company goals and ensure that your everyday decision making align with set company strategies. You always think ahead, even in the daily decision-making you predict how today will affect tomorrow. You are a good listener, respectful of the input and views from those around you and know when and where to make a decision and when to bring a matter to your peers and superiors.
- Prestige is not important to you but you are proud of your work. You are good at including and lifting others. As a leader you are an enabler and a coach. You have a strong focus on the Company strategies and goals as well as the well-being and development of individuals.
- You know how to solve conflicts, give feedback in a constructive way and to manage individuals according to their specific strengths and challenges. As Studio Director you work in a transparent and inclusive manner to enable the best internal communication possible.
- Last but not least, to feel at home in our fantastic work environment and the Goodbye Kansas family we believe that you love this business and the magic that is being made, you have a sense of humour and are kind to others. We have the best employees in the world and to find the right fit for this position is of greatest importance to us, we hope to see you soon!