Environment Technical Director
Modeling – Rosenlundsgatan 40, Stockholm
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking an Environment Technical Director to join our team in Stockholm. You need to be able to follow the creative vision of directors and supervisor and provide creative and technical solutions to modelling and scattering highly detailed environments, mainly for full CG productions. You will help in creating everything from plants to jungles, houses to cities, blocks to ruins etc. Problem solving is also part of the job, as well as finding the smartest ways to create technical solutions that helps your entire team work effectively to reach the creative vision. The ideal candidate is an inspired team player that thrives from working in close-knit teams with the urge to create something truly spectacular.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and work with a team of artists, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Experienced professional working knowledge of Houdini
- Thorough knowledge of procedural modeling
- Fluent programming in python
- Being able to create tools and implement new techniques into the production pipeline.
- Strong traditional art or crafting skills
- Shading techniques
- Great eye for layout and composition.
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available
- Deep knowledge of modelling software such as Maya, Zbrush, Blender
- Deep knowledge of texturing softwares like Substance Painter & Substance Designer