Creature / Character Artist
Modeling – Rosenlundsgatan 40, Stockholm
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Creature/Character Artist to join our team in Stockholm. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong grasp of organic and hard surface modelling and the ability to create detailed high res characters as well as stylized creatures. You understand that character work does not end in ZBrush, and can texture, shade and optimize just as well as you can sculpt.
- Creating high-quality humanoid characters and animals
- Working with scan data to produce fantastic results
- Bringing game assets up to cinematic quality
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Creating high quality textures and author materials
- Retopology and efficient UV layout
Required skills and personal qualities
- Strong modeling and texturing skills in a diverse visual range of characters and creatures
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, silhouette and structure
- Experience with shading in Vray
- Strong skills in Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter and Marvelous designer
- Demonstrated proficiency with current techniques and PBR workflows
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a team-player
- Traditional sculpture, drawing or painting skills are a plus.
- Skinning and rigging skills are a plus