Scanning Supervisor | Stockholm
Scanning - Stockholm
Do you love to scan people, faces, objects, buildings and environments? Do you love working with unique, bespoke, top-of-the-line scanning hardware that was designed and developed in-house?
Are you a supervisor?
Goodbye Kansas Studios is looking for a Scanning Supervisor to join our team in Stockholm.
The Scanning Supervisor leads a team of technicians/engineers and artists with technical knowledge of the hardware and software involved in achieving successful scans. The role also requires working with other departments including the Motion Capture Department, the Modelling Department and the Pipeline Department. As scanning services can be offered “stand-alone”, interaction with new and existing clients is required. The job includes a responsibility to contribute to the Executive Producers group, the Operations Team and work with Planning & Production. The role is hands-on and relies on the experience in scanning engineering, workflows, deliverables, including the need to problem-solve along the way.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Responsible for assessing scan requests
- Providing accurate bid days & pricing to Executive Producers and Producers
- Responsible for executing and delivering all scan data as per internal or external requirements or delivery specifications
- Leading the continued development of the body scanner and continuous improvements to the face scanner
- Research and develop a plan towards LiDAR scanning of environments
- Adopting new technologies to improve efficiencies and quality
- Responsible for developing workflows to ensure top quality scan results
- Providing input on the Scanning Department budget
- Training & mentoring of junior talent toward scan processing and generalist scan modelling
- Building up of internal library of assets when scanners are idle
- Minimum 5 years of work experience within area of expertise
- Work experience of released/published VFX, Cinematics or motion capture based productions
- Work experience of team based productions
- Client-facing: must have experience working in a client-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of the entire pipeline and specifically the department’s pipeline
- Education within a relevant field is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Advanced working knowledge of scanning software (Agisoft, etc)
- Working knowledge of ftrack or Shotgun
- Structured and organized work ethics
- Interested in technical advancements within the industry
- Strong experience of working with G-suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Must be able to travel for projects from time to time
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.