Pipeline – Svartbäcksgatan, Uppsala
About the position
We are looking for a skilled & experienced Pipeline Developer with strong database and file handling skills with focus on the animation pipeline. You will help us develop and maintain an effective and efficient workflow to keep us at the cutting edge of our industry.
Key job assignments
Support the production teams with tools needed for increasing efficiency, automation and dataflow. Develop the communications tools needed for workflow cross offices in several continents.The individual must be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Work with Head of Animation Pipeline to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall department strategy
- Maintain core pipeline systems
- Design, develop, and support tools and processes which extend and enhance the pipeline
- Interface with artists, technical directors, and productions staff in order to solve production issues
- Interact with the IT Department with respect to operating, file, and network systems’ issues
- Write clear documentations for tools/scripts
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff
- Identifying changing requirements and recommend solutions
- Work with developers to help resolve issues and solve problems
- Technical and user documentation
- Experience with Shotgun/Ftrack or similar on a Film, VFX, Animation or Games production
- 2 Years of Pipeline Development or Applicable Experience (Pipeline ATD/TD/Developer)
- Experience developing Pipelines using Shotgun/Ftrack or similar APIs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client-facing skills
- Previous experience with source control & bug tracking solutions (JIRA, DevTrack, TFS, Perforce, Git)
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize work and excel independently in a multi-discipline development environment.
- Proficiency with programming languages specifically Python and C++
- Experience with Maya and it’s scripting API
- Experience with Asset Management and Review and Approval systems
- Exposure to multiple workflows (VFX/Animation/Episodic/Commercial/Games)
- Knowledge of build pipelines, build systems and automation workflow
- Basic rigging knowledge
- Knowledge of Maya plugin API
- Knowledge of Motionbuilder API
- Understanding advanced mathematics
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
Goodbye Kansas Holding consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest and Infinite Entertainment, with more than 170 artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.