Lead Body Animator
Animation – Svartbäcksgatan, Uppsala
About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios, a growing VFX studio with more than 150 employees, is looking for an experienced Lead Body Animator / Lead Motion Editor with particular focus on realistic human animation.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Body Animator with a passion for creating realistic human body animation, ensuring that the subtleties of the performances delivered by actors are translated to characters.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
What we offer:
- An fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension, healthcare insurance and health allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- The majority of the work involves polishing human animation that has been motion captured in our MoCap studios.
- Responsible for an animation or cinematic animation, seeing it through to completion
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner, to the highest quality possible
- The majority of the work will be done on human characters, but animation retargeted to creatures is also likely.
- Some keyframe animation work will be needed to enhance the actors performance.
- Collaboration with the MoCap team to ensure that deliveries are kept to the highest standard.
- Experience in creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience with motion capture data and the MoCap pipeline
- Demo Reel showcasing engaging believable character performances
- 5+ years experience in animation in film or games
- 2+ years as a senior animator
- English language fluency and good communication skills
- Must possess excellent general character animation skills, with especially good human body animation skills
- Strong working knowledge of MotionBuilder & Maya. Nuance is a plus.
- You should be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize your workload
At Goodbye Kansas, we don’t just make dreams come true. We make them real. That’s what happens when individuals bring their own, distinct powers to a creative team. We are looking for a few more people like you, whose one-of-a-kind talents can combine with equally brilliant colleagues in a creative alchemy.
Goodbye Kansas Holding consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Goodbye Kansas Game Invest and Infinite Entertainment, with more than 170 artists in Stockholm, Uppsala, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, CGI, 3D Face scanning, Motion Capture and Animation, plus development and marketing of games. We also create, develop and manage our own original IPs.