Goodbye Kansas London is looking to welcome a Senior FX Artist / FX Lead to the team. The FX Department is responsible for the creation of particle, pyro, rigid body, water and crowd simulations.
The FX department works closely with surrounding departments to reach the visual goals. A high level of artistic quality is valued, but it is equally important that all artists have a high level of understanding when it comes to technical aspects.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team
- Manage and lead on FX to deliver at the highest standard.
- Work with the project management team to make sure schedules and bidding is accurate.
- Using Houdini and proprietary software to design and maintain simulations and procedural setups.
- Create and maintain effects look-development and shading.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure all effects work smoothly within the show pipeline.
Application knowledge required for the role
- An excellent knowledge of Houdini including Mantra and Vex.
- A working knowledge of Nuke and a solid understanding of the compositing process.
- At least 5+ years of work experience in the industry.
- Experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, water, explosions in addition to a thorough understanding of simulation techniques for rigid/soft-bodies, finite elements etc.
- A good eye for composition, motion and timing.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience in rendering with v-ray.
- Programming skills with c/c++ and Houdini hdk.
- Experience working with real-time engines such as Unreal.
- Being a team player, open to learning from those with more experience and know-how.
- A positive attitude, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Reliable, able to follow instructions, contribute to improved ways-of-working, and meet set deadlines.
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles, Manila & Vancouver.