Goodbye Kansas London is looking to welcome a Senior Asset Build Artist/ Asset Build Lead to the team. The Ideal candidate for this position must be passionate about VFX and have ambition to push the boundaries of photo-realism. Using commercial and proprietary software and tools you would be responsible for various things like asset builds and look development to facilitate producing top-notch visuals for VFX Film and Tv.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team
- Work closely CG supervisor to meet briefs set by the VFX supervisor
- The creation of high quality photorealist assets that are production ready
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- To mentor and guide the team across all build disciplines, modeling, texture and lookdev.
- Staying on schedule and meeting deadlines while insuring the highest levels of quality
- 5+ years high-end VFX Film and TV experience.
- Broad range of build-discipline knowledge with experience in modelling, texturing and look development
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Houdini, Maya, Substance Painter , Substance designer, Zbrush, Nuke
- Must have a great eye for detail and an accurate perception of form, scale and proportion.
- Thorough understanding of physically based rendering and experience with ray tracing renderers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret and deliver a brief to the wider team
- Be hands on and team oriented as collaboration is important to us.
- Procedural modeling in Houdini
- Creation of assets from photogrammetry data
- Creating and rendering CG foliage in packages such as SpeedTree
- Organic modeling in sculpting packages such as Zbrush and Mudbox
- Experience texturing creatures using Mari
- Previous Surfacing and Grooming experience
- Good understanding of lighting and rendering in Houdini
- Experience using Ftrack or similar project management tool