Goodbye Kansas London is looking to welcome a mid/senior asset build artist to the team! The Ideal candidate for this position must be passionate about VFX and have ambition to push the boundaries of photo-realism. Using commercial and proprietary software and tools you would be responsible for various things like asset builds and look development to facilitate producing top-notch visuals for VFX film and tv. Knowledge sharing is also important as helping each other is a highly valued characteristic of Goodbye Kansas culture.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects and experienced co-workers
- The chance to work with some of the best in the business. Our co-workers are not only amazing at what they do but also good at sharing knowledge, including new people and working as a team
- Work closely with CG supervisor to meet briefs set by the VFX supervisor
- The creation of high quality photorealist assets that are production ready
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- 3+ years high-end VFX Film and TV experience.
- Broad range of build-discipline knowledge with experience in modelling, texturing and look development
- Solid experience using 3D software – ideally Houdini, Maya, Substance Painter , Substance designer, Zbrush, Nuke
- Must have a great eye for detail and an accurate perception of form, scale and proportion.
- Thorough understanding of physically based rendering and experience with ray tracing renderers
- Ability to interpret a brief and work from photo reference or concept art when available
- Have strong communication skills, be self starter and organised.
- Be hands on and team oriented as collaboration is important to us.
- Procedural modeling in Houdini
- Creation of assets from photogrammetry data
- Creating and rendering CG foliage in packages such as SpeedTree
- Organic modeling in sculpting packages such as Zbrush and Mudbox
- Experience texturing creatures using Mari
- Previous Surfacing and Grooming experience
- Good understanding of lighting and rendering in Houdini
- Experience using Ftrack or similar project management tool
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.