Software Engineer - Pipeline I Stockholm
About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios is growing its development department and is looking for another member of our Pipeline Team. As a Software Engineer in the Pipeline team you will be building and maintaining systems to increase our efficiency through automation and smart workflows. At Goodbye Kansas we have recently implemented a USD Pipeline which you will be working on extending into additional applications and further improving to ensure we can deliver the best projects possible. We believe in diversity and that the best work is created from different minds so this role is suitable for you coming from a Software Engineer, Web Developer, Technical Artist, TD or Game Developer background.
What we offer you
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
What you will get to do
- Develop software to improve the creative process within VFX, Animation and Realtime content creation
- Contribute to developer and user facing documentation
- Work with agile development using scrum
- Increase efficiency and quality throughout the Pipeline
- Work with latest industry technology such as USD
- Collaborate closely with artists and producers on design and requirements for development projects
- Support artists to ensure projects deliver on time
What you bring
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Linux experience and an understanding of modern system architecture
- Good experience with version control systems such as Git
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Passionate about delivering high quality work
- Programming experience and knowledge working with Python and/or C++
- Interest in visual effect workflows and content creation
- Familiarity with commonly used content creation tools such as Houdini, Maya, Nuke
- Experience with asset management software such as ftrack, shotgrid
- Experience with renderfarm software such as tractor, opencue
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or similar
- Understanding of a USD pipeline and it’s concepts
- Familiarity with industry-standard open-source libraries such as USD, OpenImageIO, Boost, OpenEXR, Qt/PyQt
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles, Manila & Vancouver.
- Pipeline Department
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Perks and benefits 💫
At Goodbye Kansas we strive to cultivate an inclusive company culture that celebrates the passion and talent of our employees. We know that creative excellence needs not only ground-breaking technology, innovation and talent, but also a healthy company culture to support our team members.
As an employee at Goodbye Kansas, you’re not just working with inspiring colleagues, you are also entitled to a series of benefits.
A hybrid model 🖥
We offer a 100% flexible working arrangements. Come into the office or work from home, it's up to you.
Generous holiday 🏖
All employees enjoy a minimum 25 days of annual leave plus local bank holidays.
Paid overtime for all artists 👍
Body and mind 🙏🏼
Aside from various wellness initiatives throughout the year we also offer a range of activities such as yoga and meditation, massage at work just to name a few. We also offer a healthy yearly fitness contribution.
To look after your mind we are partnering with Bluecall offering 10 personalised therapist session per employee/year.
We got you covered 💌
At Goodbye Kansas you can rest assured you are properly insured. Apart from a company pension scheme you will also be covered by an occupational sickness insurance as well as life insurance.
100% Swedish lifestyle guaranteed 🤩
About Goodbye Kansas
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 300+ is part of Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ), listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Belgrade, Beijing, Los Angeles & Vancouver.
Software Engineer - Pipeline I Stockholm
Loading application form
Already working at Goodbye Kansas?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.