Goodbyekansas Group is looking for a System Administrator (second line) to join our IT team! Goodbye Kansas Group is Scandinavia’s largest and most versatile company of its kind, creating visual effects and CGI for films, TV-series, commercials and games.
If you have a sharp technical mind and want to help us deliver cool creatures for Hollywood blockbusters, cute kittens for international commercials and mind-blowing cinematics for the biggest brands in the gaming industry - make sure to submit your application today! The selection process will be ongoing.
About the position
The System Administrator is the second line of support for technical issues and is responsible for daily performance of the company's computer systems. This includes providing technical assistance, supporting and assisting users with both hardware and software questions. This position requires a good understanding of IT systems and the management of them paired with a desire to learn new things.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Responsible for second line support (and support of the first line) via the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Setting up workstations, as needed.
- Keeping track of and updating the IT inventory.
- Keeping up to date with new tools, processes and softwares (incl. troubleshooting and correcting failing tasks).
- Ensuring documentation and logging changes and new processes.
- Assisting with configuration, management, deployment, monitoring and updating of hosts.
- Assisting with Network administration (WAN, LAN, WiFi, Firewall & VPN), as needed.
- An active awareness of best practices in terms of IT security.
- Providing support to our IT team in your field of expertise.
- Our systems run 24/7, so the position may include on-call duties and working off-hours at times.
- Carry out any other necessary IT related tasks/projects, as needed or required by CTO.
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Unix experience (proficiency with basic tools)
- Familiarity with most basic system administration tools and processes
- Familiarity with networked/distributed computing concepts (Renderfarm)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people with various levels of technical proficiency
- Desire to provide excellent support in a production environment
- Excellent documentation skills, conducting work in a structured and organized manner
- Interested in technical advancements within the industry
- Experience of working with G-suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Swedish and English
- Familiar with CentOS, Git, Bash, basic networking, DNS, DHCP
- Familiar with Cloud Computing such as GCP, AWS
- Good understanding of various remote protocols like PCoIP, HP ZCentral Remote Boost
- Fluency in English and/or Swedish, both written and spoken.
- Education within a relevant field is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines including:
- An understanding of film imagery, formats of image files and codecs
- Knowledge of VFX software packages (Maya, Houdini, Nuke, vray etc.)
- Knowledge of high-end/ high capacity storage systems
- Knowledge of production tracking systems (Ftrack)
- Knowledge of Puppet and Foreman
To thrive in this role you should enjoy working independently as well as in a team, be a self-starter and have the ability to prioritise your own work. It's important to us that you are analytical, that you have a positive attitude and an eye for details. Your problem solving skills, pragmatism and openness to change is equally important.
Goodbye Kansas Group AB (publ) is a leading supplier of technology driven visual content. The company creates award-winning visual experiences for all media and offers products that combine cutting-edge technology with world-class artistry. In order to realize growth opportunities, the Group has created three business areas: Visual Content & Brand, IP & Products and Games & Apps. Visual Content & Brand offers visual content for film, TV and games. IP & Products develops IP for film and TV, offers VR-training solutions and a SaaS platform that visualizes e-retailers’ products through