Goodbye Kansas Studios, a growing VFX studio with more than 150 employees, is looking for an experienced Facial Rigger with particular focus on rigging realistic human faces.
We are looking for a Senior Facial Rigger with a passion for rigging realistic human faces and creating the tools necessary for our modelling team to enable the creation of facial rigs that can reproduce the subtleties of the performances delivered by actors.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Responsible for the overall technical quality of facial rigs based on the brief from the VFX Supervisor / Client and making sure everyone that works on facial rigs are aligned and aware of their current priorities.
- Responsible for the facial rig creation. Building the rig from shapes created by the modeling team and creating the logic that defines how the shapes are triggered by the animation controls exposed to animators.
- Ensures facial rigs complies to the needs of the Rigging, CharacterFX and other departments or the needs of the client. Items include level of detail, number of blendshapes and or joints, number of textures and resolution.
- Work together with Facial Modelling Lead to ensure that facial modelling team has the tools necessary to create the rigs on time and to specification for the project.
- Collaborate with Facial Animation Lead to ensure that animators have the tools, puppet controls and functionality they require from the rigs.
- Work with R&D department to communicate new areas of research
- Collaborate with producers, other project leads and technical contacts on the client side to establish deliverables and determine the best technical solutions for the project that are within the scope of the project.
- Function as the facial rigging point of contact for projects and ensure that any internal or external questions or requests are handled. Communicate clearly and professionally with clients through calls, meetings, emails and chat.
- Have input in the bidding process and provide accurate estimates.
- Experience in creating realistic facial rigs for human characters. Cartoony or non human facial rigs is a plus.
- Excellent general technical understanding of animation and modeling
- Advanced knowledge in Maya and its API.
- Proficient in Python and Qt. C++ is a plus.
- Good understanding of math, linear algebra especially.
- Experience with Git. Perforce experience is a plus.
- Experience with real-time engines is a plus
- Demo Reel showcasing realistic facial rigs and tools/scripts/deformers used
- 5+ years experience in animation in film or games
- 2+ years as a senior rigger with focus on faces
- English language fluency and good communication skills
- You should be self-sufficient.
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize your workload
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment, Goodbye Kansas Labs and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.