Lead Motion Editor/Body Animator | Stockholm
Animation - Stockholm
About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios, a growing studio with more than 200 employees, is looking for an experienced Lead Body Animator / Lead Motion Editor with particular focus on realistic human animation.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Body Animator with a passion for creating realistic human body animation, ensuring that the subtleties of the performances delivered by actors are translated to characters.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- The majority of the work involves polishing human animation that has been motion captured in our MoCap studios.
- Responsible for an animation or cinematic animation, seeing it through to completion
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner, to the highest quality possible
- The majority of the work will be done on human characters, but animation retargeted to creatures is also likely.
- Some keyframe animation work will be needed to enhance the actors performance.
- Collaboration with the MoCap team to ensure that deliveries are kept to the highest standard.
- Experience in creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience with motion capture data and the MoCap pipeline
- Demo Reel showcasing engaging believable character performances
- 5+ years experience in animation in film or games
- 2+ years as a senior animator
- English language fluency and good communication skills
- Must possess excellent general character animation skills, with especially good human body animation skills
- Strong working knowledge of MotionBuilder & Maya. Nuance is a plus.
- You should be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
- Goal-oriented with an ability to see the full picture, even when the working day is filled with quick decisions
- A team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to understand other individuals’ creative visions and how to turn it into reality
- A good listener
- Ability to prioritize your workload
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment, Goodbye Kansas Labs and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.