About the position
The Animation Director works directly under the VFX Supervisor and is responsible for developing animation and performances according to the Directors creative brief and the projects technical requirements. As an Animation Director you are responsible for preparing and leading the work to produce the final animation output together with Leads and Supervisors from Layout, Motion-capture, Body animation, Facial animation and Key-frame animation as well as defining the needs for Facial modeling, Facial Rigging, Body Rigging and Character FX
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
Requirements and personal qualities:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience within Animation
- Work experience of released/published VFX or Cinematics productions
- Working experience with both Keyframe and Mocap animation techniques
- Experience partaking in Motion and Performance capture shoots
- Advanced working knowledge of Maya
- Working knowledge of Motionbuilder desirable
- Work experience in realistic Facial animation
- Work experience collaborating with Rigging and Character TD’s to develop rig’s and character & creature simulation desirable
- Working knowledge of Nuance is an advantage
- Working knowledge of the rest of the VFX pipeline
- Working knowledge of Ftrack or Shotgun
- Education within a relevant field is an advantage but not a requirement
- Stress resilient, structured
- Keeping up with technical advancements within the industry
- Advanced English level
- Leadership traits: The Animation Director is a good listener, open to suggestions while focusing on and communicating the project goals from an animation and performance perspective.
The Goodbye Kansas group consists of Goodbye Kansas Studios, Infinite Entertainment and Goodbye Kansas Holding, with a staff of 200+ in Sweden, London, Hamburg and Los Angeles. We offer award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CGI, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Motion Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. We also create, develop and manage original IPs.