Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Cinematic CG Supervisor to join our team in Stockholm. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced CG Supervisor that worked on multiple Cinematics. You should be comfortable in leading and guiding artists to meet the VFX Supervisors vision and requests. It’s required that you fully understand the entire VFX process, so you can evaluate and participate in the team’s problem solving process and make correct decisions on how to move forward. Strong communication skills are necessary, as you will work closely with both VFX Supervisors, coordinators and artists as well as IT and Pipeline.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Understand the entire production process
- Verify technical solutions proposed by Studio, VFX Supervisor and team members
- Establishing the technical requirements of projects, setting internal goals, and determining resources required to achieve desired outcomes
- Designing technical approaches to VFX shots on an overall project basis, in conjunction with artists and head of departments.
- Work closely with VFX Supervisors to determine the best approach to solving CG challenges and developing the final look
- Prepare master lighting setups to be shared amongst the team
- To optimize scenes efficiently for rendering together with Leads
- Developing templates in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and other depending departments
- When required, perform more generalist tasks such as modeling, texturing and lookdev
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
Required skills and personal qualities
- 6+ years industry experience with full CG
- A strong knowledge of lighting techniques and physically based rendering
- A great eye for detail
- A thorough knowledge of Houdin and/or Maya
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to multitask and to solve problems
- Team oriented
- Able to give direction and feedback positively and maturely
- Proactive, motivated and able to problem solve effectively
- Punctual with a strong work ethic
- Adaptable and always open to learning new techniques and softwares and sharing them with a team.
- A thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities
- A wide understanding of different visual effects techniques
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Ability to operate autonomously with a strong sense of personal responsibility for task completion
- Houdini is our main 3D platform so a good knowledge of it is a big plus.
- Experience with digital paint software Substance and/or Mari
- Knowledge of Python scripting
- Experience using Ftrack or similar project management tool
- In depth knowledge of Vray, Arnold or similar ray tracing renderer
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.