About the position
Goodbye Kansas Studios is seeking a Houdini FX Lead artist
About the Department
Based on assets provided by the layout and animation department, the FX Department is responsible for the creation of particle, pyro, rigid body, water and crowd simulations.
The FX department works closely with surrounding departments such as animation, lighting and comp in order to reach the visual goals provided by the art department and supervisors. A high level of artistic quality is valued, but it is equally important that all artists has a high level of understanding when it comes to technical aspects. The artist can always rely on support from other coworkers with questions or when running into issues. Helping each other out is a highly valued characteristic of the Goodbye Kansas culture.
What we offer:
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Manage and lead a team of FX artists to deliver at the highest standard.
- Work with the project management team to make sure schedules and bidding is accurate.
- Using Houdini and proprietary software to design and maintain simulations and procedural setups.
- Create and maintain effects look-development and shading.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure all effects works smoothly within the show pipeline.
Application knowledge required for the role
- An excellent knowledge of Houdini including Mantra and Vex.
- A working knowledge of Nuke and a solid understanding of the compositing process.
- The Artist is required to have at least 5 years of work experience in the industry.
- Experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, water, explosions in addition to a thorough understanding of simulation techniques for rigid/soft-bodies, finite elements etc.
- A good eye for composition, motion and timing.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
Plus for the role
- Experience in rendering with v-ray.
- Programming skills with c/c++ and Houdini hdk.
- Experience working with real-time engines such as Unreal.
- Being a team player, open to learning from those with more experience and know-how.
- A positive attitude, willing to collaborate with others, sharing information and know-how to those with less experience and know-how, as well as being open to new ways of working.
- Reliable, able to follow instructions, contribute to improved ways-of-working, and meet set deadlines.
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.