About the position:
Goodbye Kansas is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to support our cinematic teams on in-game projects within asset creation, scene/level development and shot/sequence creation. You will be a technical bridge between our clients, pipeline developers and artists as you design workflows that enables the team to achieve spectacular looking visuals while maintaining runtime performance goals. This role requires a strong understanding of AAA game development tools, pipelines, workflows and real-time rendering methods.
We believe you are a positive, curious and solution-oriented person who is passionate about making people’s lives easier while finding ways to reach the highest possible visual quality. You love games and want to work on some of the most prestigious AAA titles currently in development. You will play a crucial role within our projects, but also help drive the overall development of our in-game pipelines and workflows. Lastly, you will use your game development experience to help the producers navigate safely around any technical challenges.
What we offer
- A fun, creative, international and inclusive environment.
- Opportunities for personal growth, a wide variety of projects and experienced co-workers that collaborate and share knowledge.
- Flexible working hours encouraging work-life balance.
- Pension (tjänstepension) and Promotion of Health & Fitness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag).
- A modern and newly built office in Hammarby Sjöstad that is sustainable - designed for Goodbye Kansas and the environment.
- Play a vital role during pre-production phases and establish any project-specific technical workflows
- Own the integration of client assets into the GBK pipeline, and conform GBK assets to client requirements
- Flag any issues or blockers to producers and take point to solve them together with the client and GBK leads
- Act as the technical point of contact for the client, and support the producer and supervisors/leads as/when needed
- Support the art and shot creation teams with technical feedback, troubleshooting and problem solving, tools creation and delivery preparations
- Make sure that both final and WIP deliveries comply with client requirements and can be smoothly integrated into their engine
- Help the Pipeline and IT teams with build access and setting up any project-specific software, tools and plugins
- Support executive producers and producers in the bidding process and project planning
- Severals years of experience as a Technical Artist on AAA games, including as a Lead/Senior
- Experience creating AAA game Assets and Levels including Look-development, Lighting and Real-time rendering optimization.
- Knowledge of Cinematic Lighting Techniques and how to implement them using Real-time technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Real-time rendering materials, textures and in-game physics systems.
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, Jenkins and other commonly used versioning/build management software
- Strong team communicator and fluent English speaker, who communicates clearly and professionally with clients in calls, meetings, emails and chats.
- Knowledge of developing tools using Python, Blueprints or other Visual programming methods.
- A good eye for Lighting, Look-development and Realism.
- Experience with 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, shaders, dynamics and similar
- UE4 knowledge
- Knowledge of shader writing.
- Experience with other art packages such as Houdini and Blender
Goodbye Kansas Studios offers award-winning and uniquely integrated services for feature films, TV series, commercials, games and game trailers. Expertise includes VFX, FX, CG productions, 3D Face & Body Scanning, Digital Humans, Creature & Character design, Performance Capture, Animation and RealTime expertise. The company, with a staff of 250+ is part of Bublar Group, listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market and with studios and offices in Stockholm, London, Helsinki, Vilnius, Hamburg, Belgrade, Los Angeles and Manila.